Ethos and Values
Marnel Junior School believes in our school motto, 'Think, Believe, Persevere, Succeed'
We provide a secure and stimulating learning environment for our children to enable them to succeed.
Our expectations are high.
We offer an enriched curriculum which engages and excites children and we offer children opportunities to have an input into what they are learning allowing child-led ownership of their learning with increasing independence.
At Marnel we want our children to be:
- Confident and independent learners, who are resilient and hardworking, with a love of learning;
- Healthy, with a strong sense of self-respect;
- Respectful and tolerant citizens, who show understanding and empathy towards the diverse cultures and faiths within our wider community;
- Able to recognise the difference between right and wrong so that they can make positive contributions in our democratic society.
We believe these skills, and the promotion of British values, will help children to become well-rounded, self-assured adults and develop a deeper understanding of the world and their place within it.
The school aims to provide a stimulating and caring environment in which each child can be as successful as they can, in order to give them the best chance in their future lives.
At the heart of this message is the care and support given to children of all abilities, in order for them to achieve their potential in learning and apply this to the wider world. We aim to have the best teachers we can, who work in partnership with our parents and carers, as well as our wider community. We provide well resourced classrooms and an exceptional curriculum, which will excite and enthuse our pupils, as well as being meaningful and practical.
Using a variety of learning opportunities, we shall help them to be successful through:
- Thinking and acting for themselves;
- Acquiring personal qualities and values;
- Developing confidence and independence
- Valuing and respecting others;
- Having high expectations of themselves and the hard work needed to achieve their potential and meet aspirations
- Developing good study skills, working both individually and collaboratively;
- Developing social skills;
- Valuing and respecting belongings, living things and the environment; and being able to empathise, share and co-operate.
We want our children to feel secure and valued, whatever their contribution. The whole school community is encouraged to approach the care of each other in a positive way, reinforcing the philosophy and ethos of the school and following the school’s Positive Behaviour Policy.
At Marnel Junior School, we aim to foster and develop our six learning behaviours. These are:
- Open Mindedness,
- Tolerance and Reflection