Welcome to the writing area of year 3's home learning. Now is the perfect time to practise writing a variety of genres. Here are some ideas:
- Remember to always write a plan first. Use the story map below to help you.
- Write an alternative ending to your favourite story.
- Use one of the story prompts below to spark an idea!
- Look outside for inspiration. Where might that old gate lead you? Maybe into another world!
- Do your research first and make notes to form a plan.
- You could write about one of current topics:
- The Romans
- Light and dark
- Or you could write about anything or anyone that interests or inspires you!
- Write a daily diary of what is happening in the world, your reaction to it and what you have been up to each day
- Imagine you have gone on an adventure (e.g. to a treasure island!) and write your diary recording what you do each day
Biography or autobiography
- Write your autobiography! Choose 3-5 key events in your life e.g. the day you were born, a special birthday, the arrival of a sibling or a pet, your first day of school. If you have photos, you could stick them in your autobiography.
- Write a biography about someone who interests or inspires you.
- Write a recipe for your favourite meal or treat (e.g. chocolate cake!)
- Write instructions on how to make something e.g. a really good paper aeroplane!
- Write a survival guide
- You could make an event up e.g. aliens land in Popley!
- You could write about an event from the past which interests you
- You could write about what is going on in the world today
- You could write a letter to a loved one who you are unable to see at the moment
- You could write to the residents of your local care home to put a smile on someone's face
- You could write a persuasive letter about something you feel passionately about e.g. should animals be kept in zoos?
Remember, we would love to read your writing so please feel free to email us!